Address: No 398, Xiaoguwei Steet, Fanyu District, Guangzhou
Post Code: 510006
Tel: 86-20-39363399 39363322 39363300
Founded in 1957, the predecessor of the Xinghai Conservatory of Music, the Guangzhou Conservatory of Music, was renamed Guangzhou Technical School of Music in 1958. In 1969, the school cooperated with the Guangzhou Fine Art Academy to form the People's Art Academy. The school was named the Xinghai Conservatory of Music in 1985, and its successive presidents are Liang Hanguang, Zhao Songguang and Liu Qingrong.
The conservatory now has six departments in composition, folk music, orchestral music, vocal music, piano and musical education, including training courses, advanced study courses, special training courses and an attached middle school.