Address: No61, Sanhao Street, Heping District, Shenyang
Post Code: 110003
Tel: (024) 2389440 23892165
The Lu Xun Art Academy moved to Shenyang in 1948 during the third national revolutionary war and changed its name to the Lu Xun Art Academy of the Northeast. In 1953, the Musical Technical School of the Northeast was founded on the base of the academy's music department and was renamed Shanyang Conservatory of Music. Its successive presidents are Li Jiefu, Ding Ming and Pan Zhaohe.
The conservatory now has departments in composition, vocal music, orchestral music, folk instrumental music and piano. It also offers advanced classes for cadres and administers a secondary school.