The Site of the Government of Wuchang Uprising, also called the Red Building, is located at the north end of Yuemachang, Wuhan City, Hubei Province. It was originally the building of the Consultative Bureau in Hubei Province built in 1909 during the Xuantong reign of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). It is a two-storeyed building made of wood and brick. It is 73 meters long and 42 meters wide. It adopted the architectural style of executive mansions of the western countries. The plan of the building has the shape of E. In the front part of the building and the wings are offices and the lobby. The auditorium is in the middle of the back part. The porch in front of the door extrudes out. Right on the center of the roof there is a bell tower. Outside the yard stands the copper statue of Dr. Sun Yat-sen.
On October 10, 1911, the Wuchang Uprising ofthe 1911 Revolutionsucceeded, and the government of the Revolutionary Army was founded here. Here, No.1 Edict was issued to abolish the imperialism of the Qing Dynasty, which ended the feudal system of 2,000 years in China. The Republic of China was founded. Telegraphs were sent to Chinese provinces to call on armed uprising.
In 1981, the Memorial of the Wuchang Uprising Government was built, which treasures and displays the related historical data and relics.