The Qingjing Mosque is one of the four major mosques along the coastal area of Southeast China. It is also called the Shengyou Mosque or the Qilin Mosque. It is located in Quanzhou City, Fujian Province.
The mosque has a stone carved with Arabic annals that records that the mosque was established in 1009 during the Song Dynasty (960-1279). In the following centuries, some famous Islamic celebrities rebuilt it several times.
The mosque mainly consists of the Gate Tower, the Main Hall, and the Mingshan Hall. The Gate Tower, which is made of green granites, is connected with the Main Hall. The Wangyue Platform stands on the top of the Gate Tower. A five-storeyed pagoda was built on the platform during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), but was destroyed by earthquake later. The Main Hall has two storeys. The wall of the hall is made of granites and is embedded with two stones carved with the Alcoran. The Mingshan Hall is in the north of the Main Hall and was built in 1609. Originally, the mosque was a good example of Islamic architecture. However, it features the style of traditional Chinese architecture after several reconstructions.