The Chinese Wushu Association, established in September 1958, is a national non-governmental, nonprofit organization based inBeijing. It is the only legal organization that manages the sport ofWushu(martial arts) on a national scale. It consists of local martial arts associations in each province, autonomous region and major municipalities inChina. It is also a member of the All-China Sports Federation.
Tasks of the association are:
* to inherit, study and develop the legacy of Chinese martial arts;
* to promote public activities and interests in martial arts;
* to conduct research programs;
* to assist working out and approve rules on martial arts performance and competitions;
* to select elite athletes and evaluate coaches and judges;
* to organize martial arts competition on a national scale;
* to conduct international exchanges and cooperation.
There are National Committee, Standing Committee, General Office, Coaches Committee, Judges Committee, Research Committee, and Publicity Committee under the association. Meanwhile, the association has local branches all over the country.
Address:No.1 Anding Road, Chaoyang District,Beijing100101,China
Tel: 86-010-6407 0391